Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tagged?

Tagged eh? Took me a while to figure out what that meant...Also took me a while to pick up a computer since my finals ended (111 new messages on my lawschool email, yikes!). Anyway, five interesting things? Well, here it goes...

1) I know that I was only 11, but by familial extension I can claim status of a political refugee. The Czech communist party believed my mother's family was very misbehaved...

2) I didn't pick up triathlon and cycling until 2001 (Thanks N.). Though I ran and occasionally mountain biked, I was a climbing fool. One year I entered a climbing competition in Colorado and just CRUSHED my competition in the Advanced category. I have never been on like that in my life...Ever! I mean I crushed them...And then when I turned in my score card, the event director said...You crushed them, enough sandbagging for you, you're not done, get out there and climb with Elite/Pro's. Instead of on top of the podium with the group I always competed against, I finished second to last. The guy who won was Tommy Caldwell...at the time the top competition climber in the U.S.

3) I never thought that I would take 137 bodies, 69 vehicles and $20,000,000 dollars in equipment to invade a sovereign country half way around the globe...and bring it all safely back.

4) I went from a comfortable lazy existence of 6.5 hours/day, 183 days/year (perfect for training) to being a full time student with no income (at the age of 36). Have I lost my mind?

5) I live next to a cursed house. The first year we had a swat standoff as our reclusive neighbor was threatening to shoot himself. Shortly thereafter, a different set of tenants had flash bombs thrown into the house through the windows as part of a drug raid. Last night a drunk driver crashed into it while being pursued by the police. We do NOT live in a bad neighborhood.

Extra Credit:
6) I have an unreasonable fear of mechanized penguins with flapping wings and flashing eyes. I remember the abomination was as tall as I was...Frightening. My parents thought my frantic attempts at escape were amusing.

I tag Bones, Jeff in a Speedo, Muffin, Skoshi, and Cody.

5 comments:

skoshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Podium quest said...

Great tag to read. The panguin thing was hilarious!! Thankfully I have already
been tagged. So I actually have a ligitimate excuse not to do it.

S. Baboo said...

Man, you do have a cursed place next door!

Audrey said...

so i was drawn to your blog b/c i read your comment about "the hand" at stevethespeedo's blog which was quite amusing and b/c i too am a student of the law. 2L. boston. fun times, eh? :)

i hope you are enjoying your well-earned winter break!!

SWTrigal said...

T-time to move! I feel for the you on the war thing..
:)