Saturday, November 10, 2007

Crashy McCrasherstein.

300 meters...four crashes. Yep that is new one for me...They weren't even the technical ones, the ones where you try to ride something really hard and keep coming off. Nope, definitely nothing like that. Today was the first day of Los Vecinos weekend in Tijeras, an annual cyclocross extravaganza that is just as much fun to watch as it is to race. So there I am on the second to the last lap, and I'm about to catch a group of riders and make it a race. Well, I focus on the guy at the end of the group, went into a tricky (not hard) chicane, clipped a pedal and went down. Remounted, hit the next very easy chicane, and went down again. Then, I managed to do it again on a gravel patch, and then again when I missed a line and hit a rut. For good measure I managed to repeat the trick one more time 50 meters before the finish in a hard turn on some grass. That is five crashes, and all onto my left shin...There is no skin there now. Tomorrow I'll try it again...Hope to keep dermatological damage to minimum.

Oh, and thanks to NMCross for the coffee and cookies and hot chocolate and bagels and burritos and orange juice and donuts...Wait, are they trying to make everyone else fat and slow? I'll ask when I waddle to the start line tomorrow morning.

5 comments:

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

I was seriously thinking of going to that. But then I said, No, I don't need to see Mr. T crash 5 times.

Ow!

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

oh wait. you only crashed 4 times.

dang, I shoulda gone.

T said...

No, number five happened right at the finish...I guess I wanted to end in style.

skoshi said...

Burritos?
I wanna see the waddle part. Maybe you can add some cushion to your falls....

SWTrigal said...

Mark-I just found your blog.
Now you call the Silverman peeps crazy?
:))